As search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing grow more sophisticated and the users start demanding even more individualized results, the importance of local optimization will only grow. Over the years, Google has shown slight favoritism toward newer, smaller, more agile companies. It also has to do with enabling small-business owners, who have limited access to resources, more potential in breaking new ground.
Google has a long history of providing free tools — such as Analytics, Webmaster Tools, to business owners for the sole purpose of helping them increase their online visibility.
Every year, millions of new sites are created and thousands of new businesses stabilize as formidable enterprises. Competition is increasing, so business owners will be forced to find smaller target niches in order to achieve relevant visibility. One of the most efficient ways to do this is to optimize locally.
Unless you already have a dominant, nationally established presence on major search engines that newcomers can’t touch, or you don’t have a single physical location, local SEO is going to become a real necessity if you want to achieve search engine visibility today!
Practically any business can take advantage of local SEO’s benefits. Once your company name is listed in Google My Business Page, your company name show up automatically in Google search and Google maps, making it more convenient for customers to find your contact information and location.
You can update your information from any device, maintaining a fresh and current online presence. Google My Business also allows you to add photos to your listing and respond to client’s reviews. When you login your Google My Business backend with your gmail account, you can also use the analytical tools that are synonymous with Google, it gives you insight into how people are finding and interacting with your business online, how many people visited your listing page.
Google My Business Page gives you so much advantage if you know how to create-optimize and rank this page, listing on Google My Business is crucial, it is the business directory that stays on top of all business directories, as a business, you can not afford to ignore this.
Can your business easily be found in Google local search result? Check this by typing you company name or brand, can you find your business showing in search result?
- Is your business location appear in Google map when your clients type your company name in the Google search box?
- Is your business name showed in Google local search if the clients type keywords that match your business categories?
If not, improve Your Local Search Business Ranking with Google Page, and do not hesitate to ask us for help if you do not know how to do.
Since Google’s fan-named “Pigeon” update in 2014, the importance of local SEO has grown, leading many entrepreneurs to focus on their strategy despite going years without considering a local tangent to their inbound marketing campaign.
- Have you built your business website with the SEO page structured in mind?
- How many reviews do you have?
- Can reviews from your customers help your business get more sales leads?
What works would we do?
- Make sure your business is listed accurately and appropriately throughout the web in Google search result.
- Ensure that your most important business information — especially your name, address and phone number — are accurate and formatted
- Submit your business page verified by Google
- Get your verification code from Google within 10-14 days
- Show you the way to get reviews from your customers to boost your business
We did a research recently on Mobile friendly status and found there are so many websites in Singapore having the index problem – what is this about? If your site isn’t appearing in Google search results, or it’s performing more poorly than it once did, the first step is to check out of your website is indexed by Google or not?
Find out the step-by-step guide from our IT expert here. These steps to identify and fix potential causes of the problem.